Last weekends screw up is slowly coming off this week. Wish it were faster but hey you pay to play right? I didn't weigh myself this morning but yesterday morning I was sitting at 212.5. I haven't missed a workout this week and the majority have felt pretty productive. I have been battling a little bit of energy loss etc. Almost a little depression or something, just kind of feel like I am in a funk. I went to bed extra early last night and got a solid 8 hours of sleep. I guess I still woke up a 3-4 times for no good reason. I think my body thought I was over sleeping cause I got more sleep than normal. I don't feel as tired today so hopefully things will start looking up. I really have no reason to feel down I suppose (I have a good life, no complaints there). My diet has been good except I think I maybe incorporating a few to many carbs. I am not anti carb, I just know I have to keep them limited if I want to loose weight. So I need to adjust that back down.

On a side note my Uncle managed to sneak in a pic of me with my shirt off in the River this last weekend (even after i requested no shirtless fat pics of me). In his normal nice guy fashion he sent it out to god and country along with a bunch of other photos of the weekend. Needless to say i felt pretty pissed and repulsed (by my image). I think that may have started the funk that I currently am in. It just made me feel old, fat, and unsuccessful at my attempt at weight loss. I guess some good came of it cause I made a pact with myself that next year if he happens to snap a pic of me with my shirt off I will be looking totally different.
Observation 2... Swanks (aka swankywanker), I don't know if you read FAT blogs anymore but if you do why the heck did you block your blog??? Its a bummer cause I really enjoyed reading your posts when you posted. Hope all is well with you.
Anyway FAT keep the dream alive by loosing the pounds.
6 comments:
maybe you're having the post-vacation blues? you know when you've had such a fun time on vacation it's hard getting back to the daily drudge? When's the next time you get to go on vacation? you should have something to look forward to.
Also don't be so down on yourself about the pic. You're probably being way harder on yourself than anyone else would be.
You can get back into it! And start seeing those new lows again! Then next year you'll want to take a shirtless pic cause you're sooo buff :)
Dude,
I tried cutting carbs a bit more in the past weeks and it has worked really well. I'm sure it can give you some good results also !
I keep some bad pictures of myself in a folder and i check them out once in a while. It fuels my motivation and keeps me focused on why i'm doing this. Turns the negative into positive !
Time to kick some ass !
Don't let those feelings of fat/old/unsuccessful eat at you. You've come so far and have been such an inspiration - there's absolutely no reason to be down on yourself. Take that pic that your uncle so kindly shared with the world and compare it to your before pics.
While you haven't reached your weight goals (yet), you've come a long way. Don't let one picture throw you off. Use it to fuel your next workout. Think about it on your next run and sprint for a minute. Think about it when you're lifting and push harder.
You've got this, Rip!
I feel you. I have a crappy surprise picture of me in a very beautiful setting -the Caribbean. Fat, pasty, and standing sideways no less. Still, I know I was having a great time. I can tell from the smile on my face. It'll be a great before photo so no worries.
I guess I can only suggest that you keep your eyes on the prize! Imagine how good it'll feel when you're ready to take your shirt off for the camera!!!
hey man....
I think you know what I'm going to say, it's been a while. What's going on in Rip's world??
Hey Rip,
I dont get to respond often but wanted to say dont let the pic your uncle took keep you down. Youre making awesome strides and something youre doing is working. Keep at it and you there will be a different pic the next time.
Post a Comment