
Well its day 3 for me today. I guess thats a start but it sure doesn't sound good. I cant wait to get some time and air under my belt. I decided that I will weigh in once a week on Tuesdays. Not to say I don't step on the scale a few other days a week. I just don't want to be a slave to the scale. I have been hitting the weights and doing my cardio. My legs feel like jello today. I did db squats, lunges, and wall sits last night. My food intake has been very good and clean the last 3 days.
Do you ever want to swing a big ole motivation stick at the little voices that are lurking in the fields of your mind. Mr. lazy aka "I will work out tomorrow" tried to show up this morning when my alarm went off at 6:40am. I work 4 10s Monday through Thursday 6am to 4:30pm. Friday is what my wife and i call daddy day care ( Where I get to spend a full day playing with and caring for my son). So usually I sleep in as long as possible (until my wife walks out the door for work) . Anyway I had to lean on the power of the FAT coalition to get myself to swing the stick of motivation +10 at Mr. Lazy and get my butt out of bed. I found myself on the treadmill for 40 min where I tried to hold my heart rate between 135-150. Anyway after I was done I felt great and I am glad i did it. I thought about many of the FAT members accomplishments during those 40 minutes to help push through the pain.
So far another good day towards learning to live again.
7 comments:
Good for you for ignoring Mr. Lazy. Believe me, you will look up in 6 months and say 'wow, i remember when i just started, i can't believe it's been 6 months already'. It's hard to imagine now, but just keep on pushin!
Hey, good luck with your goals! Dumbbell squats get me every time too. I live on the third floor of an apartment and I have to take the stairs multiple times a day. Jellybones is how I can tell when I worked hard. What does your workout typically look like?
Oh I just noticed your final goal is to be about 180 by April; should probably be 2008 and not 2007. ^__^
How many kids do you have? I'm expecting my first in a couple weeks. I'm all kinds of scared/excited at the same time.
Isn't it funny how painful those "mental pushes" are at the begining, but afterwards they feel great?!?! :) You're off to an awesome start... keep it up!
Hey Jamus,
Well I haven't really developed a typical workout yet. Like I said this is only day 4 (now) for me in trying to get back to healthy. I have a bowflex, some dbs, treadmill, and staitionary bike here at home. With having a family I was having a hard time spending time driving to and from the gym so I got some stuff for at home. Once I get a typical workout i will write it up for all you guys/gals thoughts and comments.
Changed the final goal to read 2008 (thanks)
I have one child and we are starting to talk about trying again for number 2. I agree it is scary and exciting all at the same time. I can tell you though its the best thing I have ever done in my entire life.
Anyway thanks for commenting on the my blog.
Ripx
You'll find that once you get into the habit and this whole thing becomes the 'norm' for you, the hardest part will be getting up and INTO the gym - the workout itself isn't so bad.
Good job in recognizing it, and overcoming it. If you can continue to do this, you've already won the fight.
Great job Rip on pressing your way. Sometimes all we have in us is a press but that press gets us through! Youre doing awesome, keep at it!
I had the same problem this morning. My alarm went off at 3:30 AM, I wanted to sleep, but I went to the gym anyway. And it never fails, I always feel awesome when I am done :)
Post a Comment