Over the last few days I have put allot of thought into creating a list of goals that I would like to complete as I embark on learning to live again. I tried to make them obtainable goals. Some have no time frame and others do. In this journey I would like to be able to do what many of you have already done, cross things off your list. For most of my weight loss goals I am shooting for 1.5 lbs a week. I have done a bunch of reading and I hope this number isn't too aggressive. I have tried to make my list of goals not to far apart (may add a few more). Having my eye on the prize helps me continue to stay successful.
I really think being part of the FAT online community will help me stay the course, and get me through some sticky times. I am looking forward to all your comments and feedback. I also aspire to inspire others like many of you have already done for me.
9 comments:
Definitely reasonable. 1.5's the "safe" standard for weight loss, you should be just fine.
As you said, just remember that 'dates' are just goals, as long as you hit them, you'll be fine.
I don't see why you can't knock these all out of the park. We're with you all the way!
Welcome to FAT, Rip. We've lost almost 500 pounds this year, so we're happy to add you and your soon-to-be-lost fat. We're all here if you need us.
Welcome, Rip!! :) Your goals seem attainable...1.5 pounds per week is a good number.
Looking forward to seeing less of you. ;)
Nice work on setting up a blog and just doing this whole thing with us! Thanks for your great comments, I'm glad my blog inspired you to action, that's awesome!
I set up my goals based on 1.5 lb/week and it's been working out well for me (I usually exceed the goals by a little, which is a good thing)
Good luck!!
Welcome to the coalition :) I had been here since January, but I kind of lost focus and am hitting it hard, so it will be like I am starting with ya :)
Dave thanks for the welcome.... Games on, lets get this done! Help me help you... your success will fuel my fire and hopefully that fire will give me success, which will in turn motivate you.... Keep your eye on the prize...
Ripx
1.5 is a very good number. You'll probably exceed that even if you are eating right. Don't go crazy with it though, because it will probably backfire on you. Moderation is key.
Hey Rip, welcome! You will get lots of support, in whatever form you need it - advice, encouragement, reality checks... Notice I said 'need' not 'want', lol. One of the most important components to successful weight loss is having some type of partnership/community, so I'm confident you will be successful. Congrats in advance!
Hey Rip! Welcome to the party :) I can only agree with what everyone else has said. If youre ready and determined, which it sounds like you are, you can't help but to make the positive changes youve set before yourself. Here for you and will cheer you on all the way!
Post a Comment