Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week Two Report

Starting Weight: 240
Todays Weigh in : 234
Weight Lost this week: 0
Total Weight lost : 6

Two weeks in the books... I was both relieved and disappointed to see the same number on the scale that was there on last weeks weigh in. I know I made a few bad diet decisions over the weekend but I feel like I made more good decisions than bad over the entire week. I have found that my work days are dead on for diet and exercise. Its so much easier for me to fall into a routine of good food and exercise when at work and home. I make my meals before I leave and we have dinner when I get home. Everything is set in stone food wise and its hard for me to find a excuse to deviate. My weak point is when I am at someone elses house and they set bad options in front of me. I know in my head that I have total control of what goes into my mouth so I am not trying to make excuses. I also know that I need to nut up and just do whats right. I do feel like I am making good steps in that direction, I just need to do it way more often than not. I am trying to follow the nutrition guidlines that Marcol posted on his blog a few days ago (so far so good). I know my body is sensitive to carbs (found that out last time I successfully lost some weight) so these guildlines should be good for me. I do feel more firm and better in general so I know I am making some good progress even though its not really showing on the scale or in the mirror. Tonight I am going to do some yard work at a elevated pace to burn some extra calories and then lift legs. Im going to wear my Polar heart monitor to see if I can get my heart rate up there mowing the lawn etc. Anyway I know this entry is kind of random and all over the place so I will quit writting. Keep on moving and loosing FAT!

6 comments:

Marcol said...

Hey Ripx! Good job at holding steady and not gaining - thats an accomplishment within itself. Sounds like you know the areas of trouble for you and it also sounds like you have a plan. Here's to you doing it - Know that I'm on the sidelines cheering you on!

Kevin A. said...

Sometimes your body need to level off after a great week. Look at the average weight you've lost, not just last week's. You're still on a 3 pound per week pace. That's a great pace.

Rob Tucker said...

Good to see. Steady's better than the wrong way - there's nothing worse than having to RE-lose weight. Take my word for that, as I'm the pro ;)

One thing you'll learn (and it's a hard lesson to learn) is that you need to make MANY good decisions to make up for just ONE bad one.

Eat right all day? Work out? Do all those things right? But, then cheat on ONE meal?

You already know which one your body rewards/punishes you for.

So far, so good. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Something that helps me when eating at other people's house is not telling myself I can't have anything bad. Rather, I tell myself I can eat bad things in moderation. (And by "bad," I mean anything that's not super-healthy...white breads or pastas, potatoes, etc.) Fill up on the good stuff, pick at the bad stuff (if you can't resist it altogether).

Great job on the loss so far! You're doing great.

Rebecca said...

Sorry about your weigh-in. My first week at Weight Watchers with a dash (which meant i lost nothing!) motivated me to make some changes, and i lost weight the next week. It is a journey, a learning process. You're on the right track for sure.

Kristen said...

Unlike Beck, I have to tell myself that absolutely under circumstances am I allowed to indulge in anything bad. This is because I cannot control myself once I start. I usually give in a little at the end, but that's better than indulging the entire time. You have to figure out what works best for you - and it might change throughout the course of your journey.

I still think it's good you didn't gain anything. Any time I can come away from a social thing and not gain weight is a victory for me.