While reading a post on Rebecca's/Rob's blog about censoring blogs etc I decided I needed to post this.
Our journeys are about so much more than just loosing weight. I enjoy reading about peoples lives and how it effects their physical journeys to becoming more healthy or obtaining their goals. It helps to show that we are all real people with real issues, that we all think allot of the same things. I agree that the whole "drama thing" got a little out of control but that will happen from time to time when you have real people with real emotions. The people that can not handle/hack reality will not stick in the FAT coalition. In any on-line community you are going to get people who don't behave correctly or fail to understand how to behave correctly. I think the Fab 4 (Rob, Billy, Beck and Kevin) created this to be much more than just a weight loss support group. I know weight loss is the main reason, but without hearing the day to day its so much less. I just recently talked about feeling like I kind of knew you all and how your names have become somewhat known in my household. Without general happenings you all will just be people loosing weight.
Anyway I hope no one thinks any less of me for voicing my opinion. I will continue to post blogs on random happenings in my life as I have previously, cause thats just me. If you don't want to comment on them or read them thats totally cool.
11 comments:
Yeah - we are all glad that's over.
Hadn't heard from you in a few days. Glad you're still with us :)
believe me I will be much harder to get rid of then 100lbs of fat.
We just need to be positive, you know? We all have enough struggles in our lives, and I'd hope that the Coalition would be a safe haven where everyone feels comfortable being themselves and trusting in each other. At least, that's how I feel about things.
I don't want anyone to censor their blogs, I think everyone can and should talk about anything and everything that affects them on their weight loss journey and in their lives.
Sometimes things get out of hand and people start posting negative things on other peoples' blogs, and that's where I draw the line.
We've all posted some sensitive things and we've all been supportive of each other. But ultimately the mission is for us all to reach our goals, and it's best not to be distracted from that.
I agree that there is no room for negative comments and would draw the line there also. I was out in Rural America this last weekend and had no computer access. Then I come home and find out my foundation for fitness FAT had somewhat of a breakdown. I just didn't want to see the group loose one of the main things that makes this group so great . So I had to post this post to see what the status of the group was and kind of find out what the H happened.... Anyway long live the FAT coalition.
Yessir, we're alive and well. Not going anywhere, even after the weight is gone.
Yeah, one loose cannon can't fell the F.A.T. Coalition.
RE: Rob's comment about not going anywhere after the weight's gone...
FAT stands for Fit and Trim. We can always improve on Fit - and it's good to know that this group is more than just about losing the pounds...if all that makes sense...
I agree with you Rip. It's so easy to deal with 'drama' by setting more rules, but you're right, when you have real people and real emotions, there is drama. It doesn't make anybody bad or mean that people don't know how to behave (necessarily), it just means that we're real. I understand the protectiveness people have of FAT, but it's important to be balanced enough to properly deal with the conflict that comes in relationships. That's life! But thanks for saying what you said. By the way, I'm a little confused about what it means for someone to be a loose cannon... perhaps Billy wants to elaborate.
Rebecca,
My blog was not intended to start anymore drama. I think we all know what a loose cannon is. Your question on having some one elaborate is merely a loaded question which will create more drama. I just want things to be as they were. I appreciate your comments and agree with what was said so lets quit kicking this dead horse, nothing good will come of it. I just wanted to check on the status of the FAT coalition. In no way did I mean to stir the pot or say something that offended anyone. I appreciate and feel honored to have any and all of you comment on my blog. Like everyone else has said lets keep this positive.
Ripx
It was certainly not my intention to 'stir up' any more drama either, although i do see how my question could be interpreted that way. Although there are still some things I'm confused about, so perhaps that is what was underlying my question. But as of right now, I am letting... it... go!
Post a Comment