Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Its Already Week 6?


Starting Weight: 240
Todays Weigh in : 227.5
5 day Average : 229
Weight Lost this week: 3
Total Weight lost : 12.5

Week 6 turned out pretty good for me with a 3lbs weight loss. I did have a couple major slip ups this weekend where I consumed some Thai food and a cheeseburger off the grill. Thats why my 5 day average is over a full pound higher than my weigh in today. Monday morning I weighed in at 231.... ouch, I was not happy seeing that on the scale. I got back to business on Monday diet wise and put 3+ miles on the treadmill for 550 calories (ran 95% of it). I have been noticing that there are days that I feel like a hungry hippo. Even though I am eating like 6 times a day and solid good foods I still get the hunger signals from my body pretty bad. At this point I am able to label that in my head as my body loosing weight or its way of trying to say get fat. Thus far I have been able to be defiant and tell it to take a flying leap!(well 95% of the time) I hope with time the hunger will go away with the fat. Hopefully I can loose a few more pounds this week or at least my 1.5 pounds, which was my original goal. I hate the 3 steps forward 2 steps back, but that seems to be how my body works. We have a big annual family camp out coming up next week where I will be gone from wed-Sunday (back Sunday). Hopefully I can keep my diet decent at least and there is a ton of physical activity to help negate a few bad choices. I am looking forward to getting out of dodge and spending some time in the great outdoors away from work with friends and family.

8 comments:

billy said...

it's ok to feel hungry sometimes, it's natural. when you're really hungry, eat something.

I only ignore mild hunger sometimes. It's good to get used to that because it's good to get in the habit of not always being totally full.

Hunger, after all, is the natural condition of most wild animals and ancient man.

Kevin A. said...

Beef jerky. Maybe I shouldn't be promoting it, but I find it makes a great snack. Filling, lots of protein, only 320 calories for a full bag...

I try to keep a bag around for sudden hunger when I can, and it's my new roadtrip snack of choice.

Ripx180 said...

I love the beef Jerky too :). we get the big bags at Costco. That sometimes ends up being my late night snack.

Jay said...

Jerky is good, it's saltiness makes you feel full pretty quickly.

As long as you're taking more steps forward than back, you're doing well!

Rebecca said...

Congrats on your loss. Keep it up!

Kristen said...

WOW. 6 weeks is a nice amount of time...and you're still going strong.

btw...i think 3 steps forward 2 steps back is way common. you're doing fine. keep it up.

Anonymous said...

My weight does the three steps forward/two steps back routine. Reminds me of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Anyway, as you go on, you realize this is how YOUR body does things.

Look at the big pic, though...almost 13 pounds in 6 weeks. Dude, that's impressive!!

Rob Tucker said...

Nice work, man. Good to see that after 6 weeks, you're starting to find your groove. Keep on going now, it's just a matter of time.