Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Muscle Confusion

This Morning : 204

Well the weekend didn't go exactly as i had planned it. Number one issue I had with it was I got sick. The cold that had been hunting me finally caught up and sunk its claws in. I missed one workout this weekend cause I was down and out Sunday. Saturdays workout left me feeling shaky, weak, and sick so I thought it was best to skip Sundays. Last night I almost skipped my workout again because I still wasn't feeling 100%. But I figured its better to push through at this point rather than miss another workout (Plus my workout buddy was pushing too, misery loves company). Last night was the start of week 9 of the P90X "Chest and Back". Lots of freaking push ups and lots of freaking pull ups. I do believe in the whole hype behind "Muscle Confusion" that P90x speaks, I am really freaking sore today. You really never do a workout long enough for your body to get really good at it. Tonight is Plyometrics one of the hardest cardio workouts in the program. I cant lie, I am not looking forward to kicking my own ass tonight but what needs to get done will be done.

Also to continue on with my "accountability posts" I had a couple Coors lights and a BBQ'd burger with some friends on Saturday night. Probably why my weight isn't lower today then it was on Friday. I am not feeling quite as amped as I did last week either, I need to refind that fire. This coming weekend we are going to the beach for Valentines day. Yet another test of my dietary resolve and workout ethic.... I should be able to post/read blogs this weekend so keep them going.

Tomorrow is another day...... until then.

1 comment:

David said...

How are you doing today ?
Feeling better i hope !

When i feel that motivation is drifting away, i think about why i'm doing this (My kids, my wife and how long i want to be with them). Maybe this can help you focus back on you objective.

Keep us posted, but i expect nothing less than OneDerland this month from you !

CYA Dude !