Friday, May 29, 2009

Sun, Fun, and Back to the Real

Well I am back from Vegas and ready to get back to normal eating and exercise. I did workout 2 of the days we were on vacation but I ate/drank pretty much what ever I wanted. Fitness and diet was however in the back of my head allot of the time. I still choose diet pops as mixers when available etc and tried to keep my calories lower by not eating as much when possible. Not a good way to live or loose weight but it was a good way to minimalize damage while on vacation. I am going to take a couple days away from the scale to normalize my weight before stepping on it to see where I am. Tonight I am planning a run and of course eating well is on the agenda.

While in Vegas we spent allot of time by the pool (Mandalay Bay). I still don't have the body I would like to have but I have to say I probably felt the most comfortable in my own skin that I ever have with my shirt off in public. I was still the soft guy in comparison to the friends I went with but that's ok. I am getting there and that's what counts. Both my body and mind are are healing because of the time and effort I have put into loosing weight, that alone is motivation enough to keep me moving forward.

3 comments:

South Beach Steve said...

It sounds like a great time. It feels good to be getting closer to where you want to be, doesn't it. Have a great day!

David said...

Glad you had a good time !
Hope the scale is not too hard on you when you weigh back in !

Can't comment on the "soft guy" thing without pics ! ahah just nagging you Dude !

CYA

David said...

Hey Rip,

It's been a couple of days now, did you recover from Vegas ?