Thursday, June 14, 2007

Testing My Metal

This weekend should be somewhat of a test of my resolve and will to obtain my goals. I am heading north to Seattle to stay the weekend with a friend and help work on some projects on the outside of his house (siding, windows, etc). We usually entitle these kind of weekends "Mans Weekend" and generally beer, bbq, UFC watching or some other violent sport are on cue. I know that I will drink some beer etc (hopefully light beer and limited quantities). I think this weekend will be my time to practice portion control and making smart choices. I am going to try to get out at least one morning for some cardio and will be doing some body weight exercises before bed. Luckily my friend is generally very supportive of diet and exercise so hopefully I can get him to partake some, or at least be able to influence what's on the food menu for the weekend. I should be home Sunday early morning (to be around for fathers day) so I really only have two days to worry about Friday and Saturday. I will be taking my laptop so I can stay in touch and see whats going on in the world of FAT.

3 comments:

billy said...

You know, sometimes you don't have to make exercise something separate from what you're already doing. So, if you're working on a house, work HARD. Lift heavy stuff. Do more than you need to do and do it faster. Go the extra mile and bust ass. That's what I did when I was moving and didn't have time for workouts. And yeah, have a few beers, but go easy. Eat less. You can do this.

Rob Tucker said...

Piece of cake (ok, maybe not cake), man.

Billy beat me to it as usual. You don't have to have an Eliptical and a weight bench to workout. Have a few beers and enjoy them - but just be conscious of the calories in them.

Have a good weekend!

Marcol said...

Enjoy your weekend and as long as you keep your goal in mind it should help you stay the course with your eating. Construction as the others have mentioned is a great workout in itself - combine thta with some fun and your weekend should be wonderful!