Todays Weigh In: 221.5Thursday night as I was loading up my computer to get on line I get this little message that says something about repairing Bios.... I knew it wasn't a good thing after it completely powered down on its own a short 2 or 3 seconds later. I tried to start it back up, but it wouldn't even post to the bios. My mother board was toast... So I headed to our local Fry's on Saturday morning to get a new motherboard (which is like 40 min south). I am back in business and should be posting more normally again.
Yesterday afternoon we celebrated my nieces 14th birthday over at my folks house. There was cake and ice cream and all the normal pitfalls that go with b-days. I did skip the cake and ice cream and managed to practice very good portion control. I also made sure my bigger portions consisted of steamed veggies and salad. My soon to be brother in law is a stinking Saints fan. So we all stayed and watched the Seahawks get pounced at home and lose another game. He had his Saints jersey on along with a shitty little grin each time they scored. It was embarrassing and I am afraid I am in for some long crappy years of football to come. The Seahawks are just not looking very good. So that was kind of a downer.
Saturday night I did have a few beers and we smoked up some spare ribs. I passed on the mashed potatoes and some of the other carb laden foods. The ribs turned our very good, some of the best I have had (6-7 hours of cooking time).
I am hoping to see some new lows this week and am very much within striking distance. Heres to me seeing sub 220s this week.
7 comments:
You had a GREAT weekend Rip! Your blog is full of avoidance of so many pitfalls you used to fall prey to. Way to go!
Sorry your computer went down on you but glad to see youre back in business.
This should be a great weight week for you. Good for you!
yea i agree with Marcol, great weekend! Seems like you're on a mission.
And I can relate to your football whoas... I live in Philadelphia after all..
Johnny Five needs INPUT!
Love the pic, Rip. Cracks me up.
As for the computer, that really sucks. I've been down that road - so frustrating.
As for the eating, you did what you could. Now, you said you wanted 2 pounds gone this week - you know how to do it. Now, go TAKE it.
Hey hey Brian, did you not notice the 2 go up in our wins column yesterday? Sure, the Eagles suck this season, and McNabb is a shell of his former self, and Westbrook is our only saving grace, but credit where credit is due.
Now as for what Rob said, ditto. Let's get rid of that 2 in the tens place. Smell you later, 2!
Nice weekend, looking forward to seeing the new lows man!
The Seahawks will win the division in the crappy NFC and make the playoffs for the next few years. If they could just realize that Alexander is done and try to trade him for a younger back, they'd be in much better shape.
to Swanky,
I will absolutely give credit when its due. That will be after a super bowl win, and nothing less.
Rip....you did great this weekend! You my friend are defintely a weekend warrior :)
Post a Comment