Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Today's Weigh In: 219.5 (new low)

Wanted to say thanks for the nice comments yesterday by all. I need to find a nice big pic for my blog today so I can push those shirtless fat boy pics down the page. For clarification I am happy with my progress thus far, I just wish I would have gotten to this point about 2 to 1.5 months earlier. I don't know why the weight isn't coming off a little faster. At this point I think I will adjust my calorie intake to try and ramp things up a little more. My thoughts are kind of pointing towards the Swanky method. I am thinking 2-3 days of 1600-1800 and then having a 2300-2500 day (repeat cycle). There just seems to be no reason to the rhyme for loosing weight for me. Yesterday I ate clean but I ate more and yet woke up to the surprise of being a pound lighter. So maybe it kicked my metabolism up, I don't know. I am gonna roll with it for a couple weeks and see what happens. I have switched over to more HIIT then MISS also that might be helping too.


Workout
Prisoner Squats ( 3 sets of 20, 3 sets of 15, 2 sets of 10)
Pushups 70 (7 sets of 10 man style)
Between each squat and pushup set (with very little rest in between) I jump roped. I started out doing 30 and after about 5 sets I switched to 50 and stayed with that for the remainder of the workout. I havent jumped rope in a long time and thats a serious workout. There was one point were I started to fill sick cause I was using those big muscle groups (legs) and blasting my cardio with jump rope. It was a good workout last night and something different.

10 comments:

Marcol said...

Nice new low! and good looking workout. Youre putting your time it, watch for the payoff.

Brian said...

new low! awesome

Melissa said...

I love that picture :) It makes me giggle.

Jumproping a quite the cardio. It kicks my ass everytime. Congrats on your new low!

Kristen said...

I think your new plan looks solid. Mixing it up can sure make a difference.

swankywanker said...

Finally in the teens. Well done. And the photo is pure gold. Do you wear shiny pants when you jump rope? If not, you should. It looks more fun that way. And more minty.

Rebecca said...

You know what Rip, this is a constant process of experimentation. Play around with your numbers & exercise, keep track of what you eat, your exercise & your weight loss, and use the data to figure out what works for you. Until it doesn't work anymore that is. Otherwise, just keep pushing!

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I could jump rope, but when it comes to that, I'm about as coordinated as an overserved three-legged dog.

And congrats on the new low!

Candy Girl said...

i love your blog. you make me feel like you understand everything i write.

Marcol said...

Wheres my buddy today?

Jay said...

Nice job on the new low Rip! Now where have you been since Wednesday?!?