6am -Lean pocket breakfast thing, black coffee
10am - Cliff Builder Bar (last one I had so wont be doing these anymore)
11:45 - WW english muffin, 2 hard boiled eggs, hummus, and veggies.
2:00 - Beef Jerky
6:30 - Turkey breast and asparagus, seltzer water with splash of juice
7:30 - Shake (whey protein and skim milk)
misc - 120+ oz of water through out the day, 6 fish oil caps, daily multi vitamin.7:30 - Shake (whey protein and skim milk)
Weights
bench press
peck flies
crunches and oblique crunches
upright rows
Not a whole lot to say today besides I am frustrated with slow weight loss. I feel like I have stepped it up a notch and not much is happening for me. Maybe I will try to cut more calories.
11 comments:
Dont worry Rip. Stick with it, youll see the results. Youve been rocking it out lately and you will continue to.
BTW, where did your face go? Are you changing faces on us?
This may sound odd, but I was reading a couple days ago about plateaus. I believe the writer said he was on a 1400-calorie diet and whenever he hit a wall, instead of reducing calories, he'd actually increase them slightly. This would get your body on a 1500 or 1600 calorie track, and after a couple days he'd go back to 1400 and his metabolism would respond greatly. I wish I could link the article to you. I'll look for it and hopefully I can find it.
If you talking about my profile photo I haven't changed anything - so not sure...
can you get some more veggies into your diet? maybe 2-3 servings per day?
How are you feeling besides the weight, btw?
Hey Jay I feel like I am getting a fair amount of veggies into my meals. I will try to get in more.
As for how I am feeling. Just bummed/frustrated that my stinking weight really isn't coming down like I want it to. I have been tired also but thats pretty normal for the work week. I feel hungry at times also. running has been good lately but weight training has been kind of lacking. I have been going through the motions but energy/drive kind of lags at times. I have my home gym so got to work with what I have (treadmill, bowflex, and a 25 pound dumbell).
Maybe you need to ramp up your protein intake Rip and more veggies as Jay suggests.
Dont be bummed, I dont like it when youre not your usual happy-self :(
Rip, I'm having huge success zigzagging calories. You might want to figure out what you want your avg daily intake to be and bracket it (eg goal of 2000 daily avg. eat 1600 one day and 2400 the next. confuse your metabolism.)
Also, I know it's basic, but remember that a pound of fat is 3500 calories. So doing a 700 calorie workout 5 days a week will burn one pound a week, so long as you don't consume back those cals.
Now go forth and shrink.
Hey Rip,
That 2pm meal is pretty critical in fighting hunger, if it's a bit more balanced you might feel better.
Also, you might not be eating enough in general, but it's hard to tell without the portion sizes.
Two other things,
Are you getting enough sleep? (7.5+ hours)
How often are you running? you ran a long way Monday and that's not easy to recover from, especially for big guys like us.
IMO, you'll see better results in terms of pure weight loss, health, and general mood if you follow some sort of HIIT program to go with your weight lifting instead of long distance training.
It's not always easy, Rip, but you'll get there. Plateaus suck, but keep stomping, you'll break that glass floor eventually.
What about water intake?
Post a Comment