So I had a pretty good weekend this last weekend. I may have been over my calories one day but they were not terrible foods. I had a great workout last night and wake up to see 224. Not a good way to start the week knowing you have to drop the same stupid pounds you have already lost a thousand times (I know thats my fault). I just hopped after a descent weekend I would see some progress. As always I am going to keep on keeping on. Plus the stinking Seahawks got owned by Pitt which pretty much ruined Sunday. Then the Packers drop their game against the stinking Bears. It was a bad football day at our house.Sundays Food
9am - bowl of autumn harvest multi grain shredded wheat mixed with grape nuts (little honey over top)
noon - deli ham and light cheese sandwich with tomato soup (ww bread, and low sodium healthy soup)
6pm - garden salad, chicken breast, pineapple ring, slice of cheese in a whole wheat pita pocket. 3/4 Seltzer water with 1/4 100% juice.
80 oz of water.
analysis of my own diet says too many carbs yesterday after reading what I ate.
Workout
ran for 40 min, 3.41 miles, 630 cals
My run last night was the furthest constant run I have done since starting this journey. I actually felt really good and didn't even start to think about being tired until the 30th min or so. I kept pushing cause 40 mins was my goal. So it was a mini victory for me even though my weight didn't do what I wanted it to. Sounds like a few people got kicked in the a$$ by the weight gods the last few days.
8 comments:
Nice job on the run!
lower the carbs a bit and throw a bit more protein and veggies in there and you'll start to see the drop.
Coming from a Detroit Lions and Michigan State football fan - I hear you on the piss poor weekend of football.
Just got to keep going, man. If your calories are "just a little too high" - you know what to do. Better than weekends of the past, but we're striving for "GREAT!", not "pretty good", right?
Your weekend was such a vast improvement over weekends of the past. Change comes in steps. This weekend was good, next weekend will be very good, soon you'll be great! I'm in the same spot of having to lose pounds I already fought off, of course I did this to my self on purpose. Still, it's no fun. I actually think this is important to do once in a while. It is a reminder of where we don't want to go back to.
Great job on the run! Have you thought about entering a 5K?
Yeah a organized 5k is one of my goals. Plus I want to get some cool long sleeve 5k race tees. I want to get a little lighter and faster before going public though ;)
Nice on the run and the weekend. I remember the first time I ran 2.25 miles straight - I was so excited. 3.4 miles is no joke!
Just keep up the good work, and the weight will come off. I know I spent like three weeks going back and forth between 250 and 253 this summer, and it sucked. A plateau is like a glass floor though. Stomp on it enough times and you WILL break it.
Rip you worked it out with that run. AWESOME MAN!
You know something I noticed Rip is that you take in a lot of dairy. I wonder how this could be impacting your efforts. Try cutting back on the cheese and the cottage cheese. Try more protein through meat instead. See how that works for you.
that cliff bar could be hurting you as well. Lots of carbs. Just a thought.
Post a Comment