Tuesday, October 9, 2007

GO! GO! GO!

Todays weigh in: 222 (new low)

Yesterdays Menu
7am - Cliff Builder Bar, Iced Hazel nut Latte (I know I should have had black coffee)
10am - banana
11:45 - Chicken Breast, 1 pineapple ring, slice of cheese, half whole wheat pita, Laughing Cow cheese triangle, raw veggies green beans and cherry tomatoes.
2:00 - beef jerky, boiled egg
7:00 - Stuffed Red Pepper (ground turkey, black beans, zucchini, mushrooms, little low fat cheese, and some taco seasoning)
8:40 - Scoop Whey protein, ice and skim milk.
misc - 120+ oz of water through out the day, 6 fish oil caps, daily multi vitamin.

Strength
210 pushups (still doing them girl style), arm curls. I made the mistake of doing my cardio before my weight training (I know better). So I gassed out pretty quick on the curls.

Cardio
3.1 miles, 570 cal, 34min

I was trying to get a faster time on the 5k yesterday but found myself struggling about the 2.5 mile marker. I guess it was a little faster than previous attempts but I was hoping for sub 33 min time. I woke up late today which sucks and then traffic was horrible. I was pretty much 2 hours late to work. Not a good way to start the day so I decided to eat 5 donuts and a grande half and half latte (ok, I am joking my diets still on). Marcol, you were saying my cliff builder bar was maybe a pitfall could you give me some other options? (key is it has to be easy and not take much cooking cause I leave at the crack of dawn and never cook the morning breakfast on days I go to work and it has to have a descent amount of cals 250-300ish). I want to batten down the hatches anywhere possible to get me the best bang for the buck weight loss wise. Thanks for your advice, that was the whole point of me posting my food consumption (so people would point things out that don't look so good). Keep on rolling FAT.

9 comments:

Marcol said...

Look at you Rip hitting a new low -woohoo!!!

I love the cliff builder bars they are pretty tasty but the carbs in them can be sabotaging. What about having some sort of protein shake with yogurt (dannon light & fit)freeze it, a small handful of frozen fruit blended with a bit of water. If you freeze the yogurt and use the frozen fruit it makes it a hearty drink and quite filling. Will tide you over for a bit. It should be at the cals you want and have a heap less carbs and a ton more protein... It should take no more than 2 minutes in the blender.

I was also thinking you could have some veggie breakfast patties - but cooking isnt an option. Give me a day or two to think this through and I'll hit you back with some more health smart choices.

I know I introduced more dairy here into your diet but I think you should consider cutting back on some of the cheese you eat. Also try throwing in some more healthy fats...all I notice you have going on are the fish oil... to help you out with that I will hit up my Ex for her peanut butter protein shake...

You have a lot of low fat stuff going on...try healthy fats, they will help you with losing weight and staying satisfied longer.

Again SWEET, SWEET, SWEET with the new low - 222 you better get it Rip!

Marcol said...

Ooops one last thing. Rather than you trying to do 210 push-ups girly style why not try to see how many you can do regular. By now I can imagine you should be cranking out a decent amount and then just do them in sets throughout the day. I bet you can do more than you realize :)

Ripx180 said...

I could do a shake in the morning. I do want to get some plain yogurt. so bring on the shake recipes.

I have a micowave at work (in my office) ;) so I can do a little cooking. veggie patties might be a good option. We have been eating the veggie sausage with breakfast sandwiches on occasion and I actually like it. Never thought I would like anything that was a veggie meat substitute.

FYI on the cheese I add its usually a very small amount 1-2oz and a lite variety we get at TJs. I also have almonds on todays menu (for healthy fats).

believe me it hurts to put girly style pushups on my blog... I want to do 210s man style. I'm getting there. Just wouldn't be able to get through the 210 workout that way. I was trying to get a little cardio to by not having much rest in between.

Marcol, Thanks so much for all the advice and keep it coming, I really appreciate it. Looks to see some of your ideas in my diet soon.

swankywanker said...

New low. Lovely. Keep it coming down, Rip. I'm not going to have to tear you a new one next month. Way to work it.

Ripx180 said...

Wish it was more than a pound.... I will keep working at it to avoid the swanky ass whopp-n

Jim McCoy said...

Good job, Rip. Love seeing that new low. Now the key becomes keeping the new low through the weekend. Rock on though. I just learned a new phrase too. It's call health fat.

Jay said...

Your diet isn't looking too bad. Where are you getting this 210 workout? Are you doing 210 pushups straight?

You're a bit high in carbs, but not outrageously. It's good to start at a sustainable pace and make tweaks as you go, i think.

Ripx180 said...

Jay,

I think it was Rob who had 210s on his blog at one time. Pretty much you do 20 sets (20, 19, 18, 17 ect etc until you get to one) add those all up and you get 210. I am trying to watch the carbs and I hardly ever have the Hazel nut latte. I am also going to try some of Marcols suggestions and get rid of the cliff builder bar (most of the time, I still have a few left).

Rob Tucker said...

Yeah, the 210 comes from someone I know - you do 20, then rest, and then 19 and rest, repeat all the way down to one. That makes 210.

Great work on the diet, Rip. I love to see you gaining steam. I can't believe you're at 222 already - you're a few months of hard work away from "ONE"derland.