Well look at that..... no change. Before I go on a tirade about my weight not going down I need to back up and talk about the weekend. Exercise wise I am pretty proud of myself. I got up early Friday morning like I said I was going to and did my Back & legs routine. It was brutal and I have way more respect for those of you who do your workouts in the early morning (6am). I have so much more energy and drive in the afternoon or evening workouts. Saturday while at the beach I made myself go down and do my KenpoX (by myself). It was lonely and seemed long but I did it. Another thing that I was happy about was I didn't sit in the car once to get down to the beach. I walked back and forth with my son on my back most trips. Most of those trips were by myself too as everyone else in my family and extended family decided to drive down.
As seen in the pic Ocean Side Oregon is pretty much on the side of a hill so the walk was a really good workout. When I reflect on my food choices this weekend there was some good and some not so good. I really expected to be up a few pounds but I'm not so that's good and I will take it. With as much as I am working out I cant believe I am not loosing weight. I think I maybe back to the part where I will have to really track my diet or I am not going to go anywhere. Anyway weekend was good and I had a really nice time.On a downside I have finally ran into a little injury. I pushed it too hard on my shoulders day last week and tweaked something in my right shoulder. It feels like a muscle thing but when I rotate my arm I can hear and feel some twanging and crackling etc. I still have pretty good mobility but its really achy and it effects any upper body workouts I do (push ups, pull ups, shoulder work etc). Tonight is PlyoX so lots of jumping and crazy cardio on tap. I will probably spend a hour or so on the stationary bike too while watching the biggest loser.
As David pointed out February is half way gone and thus far I have no weight loss to show for it. That really frustrates me given the amount of effort I feel I have put in. To put it bluntly, it pisses me off. I feel like I am trapped at 205. I guess I need to take it to a new level, I just don't know where or what that new level is. I wonder if I am eating too much or too little, I know i am getting enough exercise to warrant a weight loss. I am tired of busting my ass and not having much to show for it. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
6 comments:
While I'm a big believer in exercising almost every day, my experience tells me that the biggest damage and best chance for improvement are with your fork, not your dumbbells.
I'd try to eat less, unless you feel weak. Keep up the good workouts, but dial in the diet. If you do that the weight has no choice but to come off. Honestly, unless you're feeling weak or like you can't do your workouts, I'm sure it's possible to eat less, even it its just to break the plateau you seem to be on.
You probably already know what to do. It's easy to be happy with yourself when you know you're doing a pretty good job, but when you really think about it, you can almost always come up with something you could be doing better. At least I know that's how I am.
If you are doing the right things, don't worry so much about the lack of progress. Our bodies certainly go through plateaus. If you are on one, there is very little you can do to get off of it until your body is ready. Fortunately, they usually end with a big weight loss.
I am feeling your frustration on the weight not moving. I felt the same trying to get out of the 190s. Bummer on the shoulder pain. Injury always comes right when you are gaining a little exercise momentum. Well done for getting that exercise in over the weekend. It won't be long until you are pushing through that wall.
Like Brian said, try to eat less.
I cut my caloric intake for the past weeks and it paid off for me so far. You have to deal with the annoyance of being hungry most of the time, but i still feel energized when i work out. Each meal is still a struggle to control the portions and my wife helps me a lot.
I check you blog every day for an update and all i find is this !
It's Wednesday and i need to know where you are at !
Cordially, David !
hahaha
Post a Comment