Thursday, April 2, 2009

Check-n In

Today's Weigh In: 204.2
Calories Consumed Yesterday : 2200
Calories Burnt: 850ish

Well by the time I got home from work yesterday I had only ate about 1200 calories so I was pretty hungry. It was time to workout before having dinner. I went to my friend Dan's (workout buddy) to do Shoulder and Arms. I was quickly introduced to his nieces husband who is in his early 20s and weighs about 160 at 5'8' (a typical runners body). Anyway they let me know that he was interested in doing our workout with us tonight and Dan had told him we were running too. I had no intention of running last night but given the circumstance I was game for it. Nothing wrong with burning a extra 500 calories or so right? Anyway we went out to do shoulders and arms and couldn't find his dvd so we ended up switching Yoga (which was supposed to be tonight) with shoulder and arms which will now be tonight. We did the fountain of youth version and then headed out for our run. We did our hilly 3.5 mile run which usually comes in right around 500 calories for me. I was totally unprepared for it. I had my old shoes on and a t-shirt and shorts and no heart rate monitor. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but it was cold and rainy out. Anyway, i froze but got through it. I ended up eating more during dinner than I planned. It was healthy but my portions where larger. Given the amount of exercise I wasn't to bothered by it. We had home made fajitas which were lean chicken breast with lots of veggies, whole grain rice, avocado, salsa etc... mmmm mmmm good. Well there you have it that was the day in a nut shell. Later.....

3 comments:

David said...

And, how did the Youngster fared in the run ?

I'm asking because a friend/coworker asked to accompany me on a run last week. I told him we'd go for a 30 minutes easy run. The guy is tall, lean and has a strong build. He's the guy every girl fantasizes about in the office. He's been a very good friend since college BTW. Anyway, he had not run in 2-3 years. Believe or not, i took it very easy on him and he still could not keep up with me after about 20-25 minutes. I'm certain with 8 weeks run training he could kick my ass, but it was a sweet victory anyway !

I plan to get to Onederland in early-mid May ... Do you think you can beat me to it this time again ? No-Nonsense diet vs. all-scientific diet ;-) ahaha !

CYA Dude !

Tigerlilly said...

Hey! Thanks for the great comments on my blog.

I have to say, I want to cry everytime I see its Yoga day. I am definitley going to look into that other one you mentioned!

I'm doing the Lean version of P90X right now... but really Im just trying to make it through all 90 days!

Great job sticking with the run...

South Beach Steve said...

Sounds like you had a fine day overall. You might have eaten more than you anticipated, but you also exercised more.