They are still aggressive, probably more so then my original ones. I have also added a few new ones. I appreciated all the comments yesterday even though a few of them hurt. They were all on the money, what I needed to hear/read, and have provided me with some new things to try. I know where my weaknesses lie and I need to change them. Even my wife came down on me today somewhat (snippet below)."Anyways....sorry I brain dumped on you. Just see a lot of people making good points on your blog (swanky went OFF on your A!). They have been successful, and you can too! Sorry if I say things in the next weeks that piss you off....please know that I'm doing it because I care and want you to be supportive. I'm definitely not intending to piss you off (try to say things as tactfully as I can), just trying to help be a catalyst for positive change."
So I guess the message of this blog is to say I'm sorry. I obliously have been half assing it, not earning it, and applying less than 100%. Many of you have all been experiecing weight loss week in and week out even with some slip ups. I think I have obviously tricked myself into thinking I was doing better than I am. I feel like I put allot of effort into this but its obviously not enough. I guess my 80% dedication is just not enough to get it done. Two months in a row of 2-3 lbs weight loss is just unacceptable in my eyes. So I need to open my eyes, refocus, reassess, and retake ground lost. I am working on a change/plan of attack for my blog and weight loss so stay tuned. I hope as my wife stated that this will be a catalyst for positive change. As always thanks for sticking by me and for all your support even though my road has been rockier than most.
5 comments:
Great blog Rip. If you didnt know it, Im here for you - Im in it for the long haul. Glad to see that you can take a licking and keep on ticking. Remember the things that were said that hurt and inspired were only because we care.
As always, expecting nothing but the best for you my friend.
Your wife is sweet. Its great to see her level of support as well. True love sometimes pisses you off too.
:)
Don't apologize to us my friend, apologize to yourself! You owe it to YOU to get it done. Glad to hear you're turning it around!
Rip,
You have no reason to apologize to us, only to yourself. We all have our reasons for blogging here, we're all after the same goals. It is hard to see someone I care about struggle. I want your success. (oops. that came out sounding like a George Michael song)
I'm hopeful that you'll forgive me for my tough love one day. I'm also hopeful you'll be right there with some tough love of your own when I need it.
You're lucky to have a supportive wife. You're doing the right thing by refocusing your goals. I expect big things from you this month.
The whole point of the FAT coalition is to be a catalyst for positive change. We've got your back, just do what you need to do, and we'll tell you what you need to hear. I missed you yesterday, but don't worry, I'll jump all over your case if there's a next time. I promise :)
the fact you know there is an issue and are trying to do something about it tells me you can still be successful at this. Even if it takes you a little longer, I think you'll eventually get to where you want to be. Just keep thinking positive and assessing your situation and making changes when needed. YOU CAN DO IT!
Post a Comment