Monday, October 22, 2007

Slow Burner....

Well I decided to weigh myself when I got home today from work. Finally saw a 220 on the scale. I am officially the sloth of weight loss in the FAT Coalition. 20lbs lost in almost 5 months. Is it as fast as I thought it would be? No... Am I glad I found the FAT coalition and started my journey/change or whatever you want to call it? Yes... I hope my next 20 lbs comes a little faster but if it doesn't I still hope to be another 20lbs lighter 5 months from now. I have been saying that there would be progress pictures at 20lbs lost. So here goes nothing...


Disclaimer: I can not be held accountable for retina burn or a bad case of raider face (see below) after seeing my pictures. I still find them quite disgusting. There is positive change but posting my fat shirtless body on the www is somewhat disturbing to me still. Yes I know I have really bad hair in the first one and really bad work socks in the next. Trust me I don't go outside looking like this.












Front




















Side

8 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

You sound disappointed in your progress lately. Don't be. 20 pounds in 5 months is nothing to shake a fist at.

Then when you look at the pictures, I see a lot of progress. I'm the same way with my pics though, it's frustrating. Check out your side picture - your gut is reduced, and you are losing a lot in your neck. Give yourself some credit - you're doing a hell of a job.

You know how we say that this is a 'marathon and not a sprint'? 20 pounds in 5 months - if you consider that slow, consider this. In 10 months, it'll be 40. In 15 months, it'll be 60. In 30 months, it'll be 120.

If you could lose 120 in 2 1/2 years, would you?

billy said...

haha, well it takes guts to post your shirtless pics online, I remember when I took that plunge, but it's worth it.

The pics are showing some solid progress. There are some weight loss blowtorchers around here, but 20 lbs in 5 months is nothing to sneeze at. Could you lose faster? Probably. But the important thing is that you're losing and sticking with it.

Kristen said...

20 pounds lighter is a great place to be. Do you feel that you've sacrificed so much in the past 5 months? I doubt it. You're establishing a new lifestyle right now along with dropping some weight. If you lose 20 lbs every 5 months, you're going good places. Have you ever gained 20 lbs in 5 months?

Marcol said...

Well I typed you a message and then it disappeared. :( Anyways, youre looking great 20 lbs smaller. Who cares if it takes 5 months or whatever, youre getting it done. How many people can you name that arent doing anything?

The pics show major progress - posture, girth so much...great job Rip!

Brian said...

i agree with the others. If you are yourself (which i assume you are), it's hard to see change as easily as someone else, even when looking at compare pics.

You're showing great progress and in another 5 months i'm sure there will only be more. If you want to do it faster, well than you know what to do. Either way you're moving in the right direction!

Jay said...

Looking good Ripster! You can really see the progress. I WISH I was only 220 lbs!

Dude, you're working hard (you are working hard, right?), and you should be really proud of what you've done so far.

Honestly, I think the pace you're losing is much better for sustained fitness. You're doing what you need to do in order to make changes in your life, and it's paying off. I'm really happy for you man.

Rebecca said...

Slow & steady wins the race Rip. As Billy said, perhaps you could have lost more, but 20 lbs is nothing to put down. I can definitely see the progress. Keep it up!

Melissa said...

Ill take the sloth title, 20 pounds in 12 months ;) Thankfully FAT has helped kickstart my weight loss :)

Slow and steady wins the race. Its better to lose slowly than not lose at all, right? Also, it really helps you focus on developing new healthy habits.

Your pictures defintely show the work you are doing! You are looking great!